Artists as Residents, Past & Present
This 28th annual Home Tour not only showcases our historic residences and vibrant community, we also spotlight the arts and culture of our Historic Concordia Neighborhood. “Experience Art: Past, Present & Possibilities” as all our Tour locations provide a connection with art and culture, either historically, or from the richness of artists who currently make Concordia their home. Enjoy Plein Air artists working throughout the neighborhood to capture their artistic viewpoint of Concordia. Visit the Mobile Design Box for a taste of art from the last Gallery Night. And after you’ve viewed all that Concordia offers, make sure that you also include a visit to the Haggerty Museum of Art at Marquette University. The Haggerty is featuring Elsa Ulbricht, a nationally recognized former Concordia artist whose historic home is on the tour.
Saturday, June 16th
Download Tour Booklet (PDF) with locations and descriptions of all sites on the tour.
- Nine homes and three other buildings -- many on tour for the first time
- Plein Air Artists work to capture the day on canvas. Paintings will be available for sale.
- Exhibition at the Haggerty Museum of Art at Marquette University:
A Perfect Thrill: Elsa Ulbricht & the Milwaukee Handicraft Project
- Pie & Cake Social at the tour start location. Baked goodies and beverages will be available all day.
- In-home Studios
- See some restoration and remodeling projects in progress. Talk with the owners.
- Shuttle vans available on tour route.
- Musical entertainment at various tour locations.
- Emerging and Established Artists
- Tribal Art
- Area homes for sale will be open or identified.
At the Door $20
In Person $17 May 1st through June 15th
Manderley Bed & Breakfast Inn, 3026 W Wells St (414) 459-1886
Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast, 3209 W Wells St (414) 342-3210
Online (Through midnight, June 15th) $17
After purchasing tickets please print a copy of your PayPal confirmation or confirming email. Bring it to the will-call table on the day of the tour to exchange for your tickets. (We should also have your purchase on record at the door.)
“The Historic Concordia Neighborhood Tour is like going on a Day Trip and never leaving Milwaukee.”
— Susan H.
“The Historic Concordia Tour is such a wonderful , delightful experience. I can truly feel the past lives while at those houses. It is great that they now continue with new lives!”
— Matt M.
“This unique neighborhood features cultural and historical landmarks from the past that lead to the present to redefine what "going home" means.”
— Cathy K.
Virtual Tours -- A Sneak Peek of What You Will See
A sample of what you will experience at several locations.