The 2015 Historic Concordia Neighborhood Tour of Homes
(This tour is history. But you can get a taste of what was, below.
Join us next your for another great tour.)
Live, Work and Stay
Concordia College, the source of our neighborhood name, published a catalog in 1893-94 which described its campus as, “The grounds … are much admired by visitors on account of their singularly advantageous situation in a region abounding with elegant homes, fine private parks, and all facilities for rapid transit.” That description is still true today more than a century later. It’s just one of numerous reasons why our neighbors chose to “Live and Stay” and many are lucky that they “Live, Work and Stay.” (See tour Highlights below.)
- Sixteen+ locations.
- The tour starts in the Gymnasium at the Potawatomi Wgema Campus (former Concordia College Campus), 900 North 33rd Street (in the heart of the neighborhood).
- Pie & Cake Social at the tour start. Baked goodies and beverages will be available.
- Silent Auction at the tour start location. We will have items from area merchants and local artists.
- Free Beer Tasting Tent provided by Miller Brewing.
- Food trucks.
- See some restoration and remodeling projects in progress. Talk with the owners.
- Shuttle vans available on tour route.
- Musical entertainment at various tour locations. by:
- Milwaukee High School of the Arts
- Wauwatosa East High School
- Peter Lee and Karen Levy
- Scavenger hunt with prizes.
- Area homes for sale will be open.